Monday, January 26, 2009

what are you reading?

so enough about sp&b and etsy for a bit...back to the boys, right?!? but i did win something today - for the boys. i won this: the complete adventures of curious george from vkbmkl. she picks winners at random by the "blind scroll and point" method. wow! obviously the fates were aligned in my favor because i was picked...at random. thank you very much!!

i am so thankful to win some classic george as a stand by for all of the other classic-ish george stories we read incessantly. we love books very much and i am so proud of the interest that my boys show in reading every day. here are some of sweet pea's current favorites (they change daily): and the books that beans loves (in a more repetitive way):

(the bear snores on is my secret favorite book. i love the way the book reads like a song...it most certainly has a beat. and when the bear sniffs a pepper fleck and says RAAAAACHOOOOO! sweet pea used to roll up in hysterics and say, again! again!)

for christmas the boys got some great books from the wombat series, more eric carle (which is popular regardless of the book) and a color of his own by leo lionni to name a few. anybody have a favorite kid's book suggestion? i'm all ears....

5 comments:

  1. my kids and I love to read... I need to copy you and post some of our faves.... these are all great books....

    ReplyDelete
  2. jonah's all about trains and elmo right now. he also likes goodnight moon and brown bear brown bear.

    oh had he loves pop up books, but I think it's because he loves to tear up the pop ups...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey... a reader wrote in about tikki and I posted it today...

    oh, by the way, when should I expect your "readers write"?

    i'm shipping george out today.

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got Bear Stays Up for Christmas (on clearance for $1.50) and I love it!

    Tikki brings back memories...

    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter's almost 9 and still loves the Bear books. We have the Bear Stays Up one along with about 4 or 5 others. Skippy Jon Jones books are really great too! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete