Thursday, October 18, 2012

hollyhock


we should be this resilient.  or blissfully ignorant.  we should use our strength to bloom in any season.  we should be confident that the third time really is the charm.  welcome brave hollyhock to fall.  you are wearing your shorts in the snow just like a colorado native.  and your confidence is beautiful despite the weather on your horizon.  not only did my hollyhocks bloom thrice, they also appear to be shifting from pale yellow to pink...such an unusual growing season in colorado this year. 

8 comments:

  1. I love those garden troopers who just keep going and going and going...

    Snow already?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have asparagus, sweet peas, grapes and artichokes. in the midst of our first snow. they were so thirsty...

      Delete
  2. Why do I love this so dang much? WHY???

    ps - Probably cause Hollyhocks are my very fave. And I pretty much love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah - to bloom in any season. Good words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gifted writer-you are!

    This post-makes me wanna give a lil' fist pump!

    ReplyDelete