we woke up on both saturday and sunday to the most beautiful snow. it snowed all day long on sunday. and we played outside a bit but sweet pea got bit by the bug - the nasty strep throat that has been going around our world has no mercy, not even for my tough little man. he woke up crying like i have not heard since the days of ear infections. i wasted no time and got him right into the doctor and sure enough. now....my throat is feeling a little scratchy again....darn daycare kids getting everyone sick (hee hee). keeping my fingers crossed that our holiday visitors don't get sick. it was a long saturday afternoon uncle kevin and aunt debbie - you guys got out at just the right time!!
(just had to put in one good picture of the cheeks)
the holiday season is looming. we have so much going on. starting a new business...or two....deciding what to do with our family home, parenting, working, crafting, shopping. to say that i'm feeling a little sad about the holidays this year is an understatement. and, i have felt less than inspired to blog lately. but writing is one of my best outlets, so i persist.it's december 1st. time to get in the christmas spirit. just curious what, if anything, people are doing in the way of giving this year....know of any families in need? know of any good ways to teach the kiddos about giving? i would love to hear your ideas bloggy friends and families. take a risk and leave a comment...maybe it will help to spread some christmas cheer.
I just love your blogs, Meghan! Your boys are so yummy. I hope you and Carter are feeling better now. That snow is beautiful!
ReplyDelete-Claire
I know what you mean by having a hard time getting into the holidays, but our guardian angels are looking down on us saying snap out of it girls! This is such a great time of the year, so if you need some support I am here for you. As for charitable ideas I have a great one, or at least I think. You should have the boys pick out one of their toys that they are willing to depart with and have them drop it off to a shelter or something like it to share with some kids that may not be as fortunate as them this season. I plan on doing with Brady next year, I feel like he may not understand it so much this year. Love ya chickey.
ReplyDeleteaww for SP.
ReplyDeletegood grief you have alot going on.
it's always ok to feel sad. feeling sad around the holiday is inevitable when there is a presence missing. maybe you could make a new tradition out of an old tradition that might in time be forgotten. or maybe that would be more like keeping a tradition alive. either way you and the boys will always think of your dad at christmas with a great tradition, even if it is tinged with sadness.
ideas for giving...adopt a family? preferably one that doesn't go to school with them (that might get weird).
hugs from across the blogosphere. :-)
My love--hold tight to what you do have and honor what has passed. Your dad was better because he was loved by you, your family and your brother.
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom
ugh... your mom just made me cry!
ReplyDeleteanyway, we have read the Christmas story to our guys (out of luke, because it's the best) for years, but i saw something about the jesse tree today. i don't know much about it, it sounds like a great thing to do... it also sounds like a lot of work.
it's really hard to help them understand and prepare their little hearts for Christmas when the world and wal-mart (i agree with scrib about wal-mart) is commercial-ilizing it.
so with nothing really said, good luck and many prayers!
YOu scared me for a minute there, you have to keep posting, I would miss you too much, and all those sweet pics of those boys....
ReplyDeleteWe try to "adopt" at least 2 angels off of the Salvation Army tree, and I let my kids pick out the presents, always gently reminding thme that what we give may be the only present that that child receives....
I am also feelinga little overwhelmed or underwhelmed right now... money is tight and we are trying to think of creative, i.e less expensive ways to celebrate the season with everyone....
I am going to bake more and give those things away, everyone seems to enjoy them....
I hope you guys feel better, and please don't stop writing.... I would have to start a petition ..... and I don't have the time.... HA!!!!
Oh, I so sympathize with the lack of motivation for the holidays.... I have been thinking about you and your family a lot, and while it will be a tough holiday to endure, the memories will be there to help you survive it. It's just as hard this year, but even thru my tears, his laughter still finds a way to make me smile... Anyway, in terms of giving, I think the Angel Tree is a great idea. They could pick out which kids to help, and even pick out the gift for those kids. Or you could donate in some way to the Make a Wish Foundation, which is geared toward children living with cancer. Whatever you choose, I think it's GREAT that you're instilling that in their big hearts.
ReplyDeletethanks everyone! you all are very sweet and your comments are amazingly touching.
ReplyDeletewe're all on antibiotics now and everyone is chipper as can be. almost too chipper.....
looking forward to the giving this year. i'm really wanting to focus on the moments not the stuff!